Death Knell

Death draws nigh to thee
Your soul gone to a lost eternity
Pride made you lose your way
Never to return to the brighness of day

By not returning to your wife
You ended up losing your life
She said,  'Come with me, Honey'
'We shall make lots of money'

Little did she know-you would deceive her aswell
Like you deceived us all
Me, exes, lovers, you were the one having a ball.

But the good Lord needed your games to stop
I was the right woman for the job
Till Death do us part-you said
The Lord has a legal right to your life

Till Death it is then
I have remained single
Not yet ready to mingle
Obeying my Lord now
Whole - heartedly

Waiting for the Death Knell
That will drag your soul to Hell
My life-God will restore
Bring me safely to shore

But wait, it's not too late
Jesus draws near
It's not over yet
You TRULY recieve him at your last Breath.

Copyright Kizzy York aka Karina Oakes
April, 2016

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bosch

Scent to the senses

Su Tong Paraphrase