Cancer will die

Alas you are now gone,
Someone's brother and some mums son
Gone forever - but not from our heart's
It truly has torn us all apart

I have your picture in a frame
I will never forget your name
You cross my mind often -
And always will
God whispers to me - Be still

Was so final - our last goodbye
I often still cry
Oh - how I pray you could have been revived
Alas, I was the one that has survived

I will try to live with purpose
In due course
Gain a new life
No longer your wife

Cancer respects no one
And proceeds till it's jobs done
It couldn't care less
No matter what we confess

It's on everyone's mind
It's so unkind
It is not pure
We will pray for a cure

Until that day
We will continue to pray
And continue to pry
Till the day that Cancer will die

Written for Wayne and a cure for cancer
CANCER WILL DIE - Kizzy York aka K.J.Oakes
Copyright Jan 19th,  2017

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bosch

Scent to the senses

Su Tong Paraphrase