Lockdown Freedom

Lockdown Freedom 

Sick of this depression 
And feeling so fed up
This lockdown hasn’t helped at all
I’d sleep all day and night
If only I could

Can’t wait till 4th July
And we have our own Independence Day
So much I’ll want to do by then 
Sick of being cooped up 
In this house-sized pen 

The rest I seek 
Is not House Arrest 
But going and doing 
Something I like best
Visiting other places of interest.....

Castles, Beaches, Museums, 
Galleries......... 
So much out there
Has gone to waste
But - I’ll be back in a haste

Don’t want to be rushed
Want to set out at a leisurely pace
Don’t want to be pushed
No longer a race
But to ponder ........ 

Ponder, to my hearts content 
Browse and peruse
No time to relent 
My time is mine now
Money well spent ! 

Copyright Kizzy York aka K.J.Oakes June 2nd, 2020

Comments

  1. Great poem and has came at a great time amongst the uncertainty of another lockdown well written

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bosch

Scent to the senses

Su Tong Paraphrase