Precious


 

 

Light in the darkness

Anchor through the storms

Patient, Tolerant

Vigilant and Strong

 

Elegant, Lady-like

But not always so......

Tom-Boyish - too, Catch

With a chortle to match

 

 

Ben and Pincher

Anglo-Welsh, Narrow-Boats

Weirs and locks too

Meatballs, secret seven books 

And cuddles with you

 

National Trust Gardens

Your garden too

Poetry, Sunshine,

Dark times also

But, Ben and Pincher

Always carried us through

 

Winters on the sofa

Watching lots of films

The Nutcracker, Railway Children

Kramer vs Kramer

Sad, but very true

 

Dancing to Swan Lake

Listening to classical music too

You taught me so much

I give credit to you

 

I grew up

Adopted your sons

Adored them too

Especially Jamie and Jeff

As I grew up 

I saw more of them 

And of you less

 

 

 

 

 

I would see you at swimming

And in the street

we would meet

I would sometimes pop up for a nice cup of tea

 

I wish it had been more often

The street I would blame

No-where to park

I used to say to myself

There will always be another day

 

Alas............

 

I saw you outside the doctors last

You said everything was fine

A routine check

You had plenty of years left

Not to worry - ok

 

That was the last time I saw you....

And how I do wish

I had taken up your offer

Of a nice cup of tea

 

Alas, no more

But in Eternity.........

Put the kettle on-

I,ll be first

And I will share with you

All my Poetry

 

You had a strong input

Of that I am sure

Rest in Peace, Dear Step-mom

And I will see you on the other shore

 

No more danger, no more fear

God will make sure of that

He will dry every tear

 

So Goodbye for now

I will miss our updates

But one thing I will do

Is tell all my mates.......

A step-mom is precious

And only part of your life

But some of the lessons

And Poems she taught  me

Will stay all my life

 

So, to YOU, Ben and Pincher

I will take off my hat

And wait till the sweet bye and bye

To again have our chats

 

One thing I forgot to say

Over the years

was how much I loved you

But.... there were some messy years

 

I will miss you so much

Your kind friendly face

No muddy canals there

Water so clear

Transparent, like glass

 

Patience, Pontoon

Old Maid and Snap

I could  go on

But theres no room for that

So......

Enjoy the Heavenly Storehouse

Full of Poetry

A host of books-Eden

Divine Inspiration

Angelic Realms

See you again- Phyl 

In the New Creation

 

 

K.Oakes  aka Kizzy York January, 2013 Copyright 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bosch

Scent to the senses

Su Tong Paraphrase