Birdsong. Music and Friends


Hanging on by a thread
So much stuff in my head
Goes round and round
I need no sound
Just peace and quiet
Not some bloody riot
My friends got my back
When I’m feeling black
We don’t always agree
But agree to disagree 
I feel their vibe
They are my tribe
Lockdown has caused issues
I’m glad I’ve got my tissues
This week, I’ve had a good cry
Feeling like I just want to die
These melancholy moments don’t last long
And like a bird, I eventually sing a song 
Music lifts me, out of my despair 
Sometimes, life is so not fair
Seasons come and go 
With nowhere to go
There will come a time
When everything will be fine
Till then, Birdsongs, Music and Friends still my woes
And momentarily I stop thinking about all my foes

Copyright Kizzy York, aka K.J.Oakes March 7th, 2021

Italics: Amy McDonald- Woman of the World 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bosch

Scent to the senses

Su Tong Paraphrase