A glimpse of Joy


A weird kind of Joy

Unexplained inside

A Prayer went up

Like a Balloon to the sky

Named Joy

 

Not long afterwards

A Miracle, I’m sure

I passed you in my car

You were waiting on the pavement

Indescribable Joy

 

On the way to meet my friend

My heart skipped a beat

You’d smiled and nodded

Would I be yours again, 

To love, honour and keep ?

 

Your text came through

You still had love for me

I was with my friend by then

Drinking a cup of tea

Insatiable Joy

 

It felt like a New Dawn

I was eager to rise,

And be by your side -

Expectant Joy

 

You arranged to come and see me

I was reassured

As I saw you approaching my door.

My love for you and your love for me

Held no bounds

I was so glad you’d come around

 

Here’s to our future joy

That our love will last

You’d sent up Prayers too, 

You are forgiven

The past is the past

Forgivable Joy.


Kizzy York aka K.J.Oakes 


July,2021

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bosch

Scent to the senses

Su Tong Paraphrase