The Mirror

I wish I could find that someone who devotedly loved I
Not already got a wife
And vanishes in the blink of an eye

I try to sleep,  but it's evading me
Tossing and turning till dawn
Why does it alway happen to me ?
Why do I mourn ?

If they were meant to stay
Then so it would be
Toss and turn all night
Till dawn's first light

I get up, shower
Have a cup of tea
I brush my hair in the mirror
And who do I see ?

The person who devotedly loves
Is sitting in front of me
But more importantly - what made me see?
The Bible still open upon my knee

The mirror of his word is all I need
Not a fake snake, like Eve once recieved
If me and my Bible never part
One day God will grant me the desires of my heart.  Copyright - Kizzy York aka K.J. Oakes 15/07/2017

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bosch

Scent to the senses

Su Tong Paraphrase