Born to be a Modette



Bare-footing since I was two
Two older sisters to look up to
Northern Soul, Motown, Stax-Trax
Music to relax

All -  influenced my life
Growing up to be a teen
1979, Quadrophenia 
This too kept me keen

Mod Revival, 
Northern Soul Scene
A Modette I would aspire to be
Even though I couldn’t get to Carnaby Street

My clothes I would get from Charity shops
One off items
Make me stand out
Want to look part of ‘The In Crowd’ 

Twilight Teaser lipstick 
Dog-tooth I wore
Leopard print- 
Hard to get hold of back then

Early 80’s - not quite the fashion statement 
Then as it is now
Prince of Wales Check
My short feathered haircut

Long side-burns
Mini-skirts- my earnest quest
Being an ace face 
Keep up with the pace

Boyfriend’s with ….
Scooters, Fishtail Parkas on
Me riding Pillion 
Feeling like one in a million!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bosch

Scent to the senses

Su Tong Paraphrase